The Eastern Plateau (EP) Programme, funded by the European Commission and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), has been allocated £1.8 million to invest in local farm businesses, tourism, community service providers and micro enterprises up until December 2020. The objective of the programme is to grow the rural economy of the Eastern Plateau area with a focus on business growth and job creation. The fund will be managed and administered by East Herts council in partnership with the Local Action Group (LAG) – a locally led group of rural-sector representatives.
The EP Programme will focus on funding:
- Support for increasing farm productivity
- Support for micro and small enterprises and farm diversification
- Support for Rural Tourism
- Support for rural services
- Support for cultural and heritage activity
- Support for increasing forestry productivity
To find out more information on eligibility, please visit www.easternplateau.org.uk/rdpe-funding/4589110244.
If you would like further information on the above post or to discuss your own specific circumstances, please feel free to talk to us by calling Tim Maris or Natasha Root on 01763 247321 or contact us via our webform.